After busting ass for several straight days and weekends, Kristian and I confidently hit a 1.0 version of Gun Runner (after panicking Aubrey for more art, Steve for an icon and Brendan for final music). We submitted that build and then promptly I found about 20 bugs. Kicking myself for this.
But we are hard at work now on a 1.1 update. Hopefully to have it done, or close to done by the time 1.0 is out.
I also got some feedback from a few people, so I have some ideas I’m toying with.
- Increasing the starting pace. This would make the game more “Action Awesome” but it would also make it much harder. I need to weigh if the starting slow-time is detrimental to the experience, or key for a fresh breath.
- I need more weapons. I’m pretty happy with the weapons the game ships with, but I think it needs a lot more. I hope to go nuts creating more.
- More Chunks. Each section in the game is a chunk that is randomly loaded and picked for it’s difficulty. I rebuilt the chunks probably 100 times to make a fun chunk to play. I didn’t get all the variety I wanted. Hopefully in the 1.1 I can add more variety to make it interesting.
I think Kristian and I can knock these issues out rather quickly, and experiment with the new ideas. Now I just need to get Apple to go ahead and approve the game.